Cat Behavior: Here’s some interesting cat facts you probably don’t know…
1. Approximately 40,000 people are bitten by cats every year
2. When cats are happy when they squeeze their eyes shut
3. Cats hate the water because their fur doesn’t insulate well.
4. In the US and UK the average household keeps 2 or more cats than dogs. 35% of every household has 2 or more cats. About 37% of American homes today have at least 1 cat.
5. Did you know that cats can’t taste things that are sweet? Their taste buds cannot detect sugar.
6. Every year nearly 4 million cats are eaten in china…gross!
7. Cats can sleep 13 to 16 hours a day
8. Cats have the ability to make over 100 different sounds
9. Kitty Litter originally was made from sand
10. Foods that should not be given to cats include onions, garlic, green tomatoes, raw potatoes, chocolate, grapes, and raisins. Though milk is not toxic, it can cause an upset stomach and gas. Tylenol and aspirin are extremely toxic to cats, as are many common houseplants. Feeding cats dog food or canned tuna that’s for human consumption can cause malnutrition
11. Blackie; better known as “The Richest Cat In The World” was left $15 million by his owner, Ben Rea.c
12. Many common house plants are toxic to cats, but did you know that lilies are particularly dangerous? Consuming even small amounts of the beautiful plants can make your cat extremely sick ,and if not seen by a vet in time, could even lead to life-threatening kidney failure.
13. Stroking a cat has been signifitcally proven to lower blood pressure and relieve stress
14.The most expensive cat tops the list at $50,000. He’s a cat clone. His owner loved his cat so much that when he passed away he had a clone made of him.